This cocktail is at its best with simple flavours. For best results, choose a nice thick tomato juice that needs shaking. There is no need to add all the many sauces & condiments that go into an ordinary Bloody Mary – the Chilli Vodka adds all the spice you need barring a little salt and pepper if you wish.
- 25ml Deep South Chilli Vodka
- 200ml Tomato Juice
- Slice of Lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour Chilli Vodka into glass containing 3-4 blocks of ice
- Add the tomato juice, giving it a thorough stir to blend in the vodka that has floated to the top.
- Drop in slice of lemon
- Sprinkle with rock salt and add freshly-ground pepper if you like.
Customise your drink with savoury garnishes for your own unique cocktail, Try:
- a sprinkle of ground biltong (a South African Bloody Marie?)
- scattering of ground coriander with a few coriander leaves
- crumbled smoked oysters or mussels (Bloody Marinara?)
- olives, capers or gherkins on a toothpick