While its origins are disputed, in its heyday in the early 1980’s, the Cosmopolitan was once the ultimate party cocktail. Enjoyed with a premium spirit, it is still a delicious cocktail to enjoy at sunset on a hot summer day.
- 40ml Deep South Premium Vodka
- 25ml Cointreau orange liqueur
- freshly squeezed juice of ½ a lime
- splash of cranberry juice (a tablespoon)
- Orange peel for garnish
- Chill glass before serving
- Add all ingredients except garnish to a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake well for 20 seconds
- Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with twist of orange
There are some who say that a Cosmopolitan should never be served in a sugar-frosted glass.
But for a festive feel on special occasions, rub the edge with a lime slice and dip it in powdered sugar that you’ve spread on a plate before you pour the mix into the glass.
Go on! We dare you!