The secret is to use very ripe strawberries gently crushed to release their aroma and flavour into the drink, and to pair this with your favourite flavoured tonic.
- 50ml Deep South Ruby Gin
- 200ml rose, hibiscus or elderflower tonic
- 3-4 fresh sweet strawberries, halved
- Dried or fresh rose petals (or other edible blossoms)
- Add cut strawberries to glass, and crush them very slightly.
- Add 3-4 blocks of ice.
- Pour in gin, and top up with your favourite flavoured tonic
- Garnish with a pinch of dried rose petals or float a fresh petal or two from edible flowers