The origins of this early 1920’s cocktail are unknown, but its simplicity and refreshing taste make the Gin & Sin cocktail a perfect option for those who are a little tired of the taste of tonic with their gin.
- 50ml Deep South Citrus Gin
- 25ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 12 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5ml Grenadine syrup
- Slice of orange
- Citrus flavoured herb (lemon balm, lemon grass, or lemon thyme)
- (Optional) Dash of Deep South Orange Bitters
- Shake gin, orange juice and lemon juice with ice until well chilled
- Strain into a chilled glass over 4-5 cubes of ice
- Pour grenadine syrup down inside of a rocks glass so it settles at the bottom. Give quick stir if necessary so colours blend in layers, sunrise style.
- Garnish with a slice of orange and a citrus herb if you have