This is a bold flavoured cocktail, with heady aromas of the tropics.
Make a batch (without the basil and soda) and let it infuse a while before serving for a beautiful party punch. Add garnishes, ice and soda to the infusion when compiling the cocktail.
- 50ml Deep Cape Dry Gin
- 75ml (half a cup) of fresh pineapple , crushed and juiced
- Juice of ¼ lime
- 25ml simple syrup (optional)
- 100ml club soda
- 3 basil leaves ( rolled and cut into strips if the leaves are large)
- Lime wedge or slice of kiwi fruit to garnish
- Muddle lime in a glass.
- Add pineapple juice, gin and 3-4 ice cubes.
- Top up with club soda and stir.
- Garnish with lime wedge, kiwi fruit and the sprig of basil