This recipe is for a single serving. Can be multiplied to create a punch bowl – in which case add ice just before serving to avoid dilution
- 50ml Deep South Spice Island Gin
- 50ml pineapple juice (fresh if possible)
- 50ml orange juice (fresh if possible)
- 25ml simple syrup or to taste
- 50ml soda water or Indian tonic
- 4-6 blocks of ice
- Cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1 star anise
- Angostura or orange bitters
- Combine all ingredients except tonic/soda water in a shaker with ice and shake very well
- Strain into a glass with fresh ice
- Add soda water or tonic to taste
- Garnish with cinnamon, star anise
- Splash bitters on the top
Put your creativity to work!
- Make a spiced simple syrup by adding spices when making the syrup. Strain before bottling and fast-track your cocktail making!
- Try other fruit juices: any citrus, mango, or peach work well.
Trty any of the ingredients from the gin, including ginger, pimento, chilli or cardamom instead of cinnamon and cloves