A simple, refreshing highball – showcasing the sweet smooth taste of Deep South Premium Vodka. Sweet and sour flavours, and a touch of spicy bitters with a festive froth says the party is on!
The foam in a sour cocktail comes from first “dry shaking” the ingredients without ice to emulsify them and produce a smooth silky foam. It is thought that a better foam is obtained with ‘dry shake’ than is the case with a ‘wet shake’ where ice is added.
- 50ml Deep South Premium Vodka
- 25 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 20ml of simple syrup (or to taste)
- 2 dash Angostura Bitters
- 1 Egg white
- Lemon slice and Maraschino cherry to garnish
- Add all ingredients except ice to a cocktail shaker and ‘dry shake’ for 30 seconds to build a good foam.
- Add ice to shaker and ‘wet shake’ to chill.
- Strain cocktail into an ice-filled highball glass.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and a cheeky cherry.