An alternative to the classic Gin Martini the Vodka martini is sometimes called the Vodkatini.
It is deliciously refreshing to serve icy cold: the vodka will release aromas and flavours as it warms up in the shallow martini glass as you sip it.
- 65ml Deep South Premium Vodka
- 10ml Extra Dry Vermouth
- 1 large stuffed olive
- Twist of freshly peeled lemon zest
- Put martini glass into freezer for 10 minutes (or chill with a handful of ice)
- Thread olives onto toothpick
- Prepare lemon peel twist
- Add vodka and vermouth to cocktail shaker filled with ice
- Shake well for at least 30 seconds
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with olives and lemon peel twist